Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Final Moments

So this is how it ends. Cut down by a little girl. Defeated by a pitiful childe, a failed experiment. 
No. 
Even as I know my end is coming I can not accept that. It was my own hubris that defeated me. My arrogance in believing that the truth of my work was salvation enough. Obsession defeated me, blinded me. How could such a creature lay me low and feed me to the wolves? 
I thought her pathetic, innocuous and powerless. Leafing through my library without an inkling of the knowledge she perused. And as the flames scoured my body she stood over me. It gleaming in her hand as the final vitality was hewn from my body. 
Does she know? 
Does it matter? 
My library despoiled not by flames but a final trickery from my old nemesis. Powerless she may not be, yet one thing doesn’t change. 
She is a stupid, stupid girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stupid may be curable, but dead is dead. Just a thought.