Thursday, December 11, 2008

Faith,

Look, I can't say I like this set-up, but I'm not going to say I hate it either. Sooner or later I'm going to need your help and I'd rather not do a whole lot of begging and pleading and explaining then. Just do whatever you have to do and don't babysit me and we'll be just fine. Also I don't want some sort of butler or anything. I know you're getting used to not being a ghoul and stuff, but just let me do my own thing once in a while.

And I must say it's nice to have someone who seems to be on my side (for whatever reasons) in this whole mess. Sure Johnny is all protective and Jeremy, well, I guess maybe he's cool when he's not going all paranoid (sorry about their behaviour, I just can't control them!). But that's our little club, and they kinda have to be on my side of things. Mister Oscar just doesn't trust me which is fucking ridiculous! And all those Camarilla bastards keep sending us on suicide missions and they just get more reckless each time we get lucky and come out alive. We're tools for them, maybe assets or some kinds of political pawns. But they don't really care.

So, um, yeah.

I tend to do some stupid stuff sometimes. If something happens to me it's not your fault okay? Mister Oscar seems to think you're some kinda bodyguard for me. Just tell him I ran away and got into my own mess (probably true) and you weren't involved. Say whatever, like that I told you to go away or dominated you or something, I don't care. Don't want to have to deal with other people getting in trouble for my screw-ups. I'm kinda used to getting out of scrapes, you see.

Er, yeah. okay. I'm just gonna go into my room, and, stuff.

Uh, bye.

Lola.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so here’s the deal. I never liked you. You’re a spoilt, stuck-up, whiney little girl who gets what she wants by stamping her feet and pouting. Oscar, Jeremy, Johnny and even Long Tom all seem to fall over themselves trying to run around after you. It’s pathetic.

I’ve never relied on other people. When I was twelve I lost my family in the Blitz and since then I’ve done what I can to get by. I always felt that being strong, staying honest and playing by the rules was the way to go. But since coming into this new life I’ve learned that sometimes you’ve got to think beyond what is accepted and expected of you. And it grates me to say it but this is a lesson I learned from you.

I see the world differently now. For over thirty years I played the good little ghoul thinking that one day I’d be rewarded with the embrace. The truth was, I was too good at what I did. I played the role of the subordinate so well that Oscar was never going to give me true immortality. It took taking a risk and screwing up to get me here. And while that’s almost too much for my mind to comprehend I’m starting to understand that the best things in life don’t go to the deserving but to those that are prepared to take it.

You’re arrogant. You’re self-centered. You’re a fucking brat. And on some twisted level I wish I could be more like you.

You talk about being used? You talk about not being trusted? Oscar has ‘instructed’ me to keep an eye on you and to report back any strange activity. Fuck him. I’m done being his lapdog and I’m sure you don’t need someone watching over your shoulder (or over the shoulder of any mysterious visitors).

So, you want to be on your own mission. Fine. That’s your thing. If you get yourself killed I’ll just say I offed you myself and tell the others what assholes they were for giving me this babysitting gig in the first place. But if you want someone to watch your back, you let me know. Because that’s my thing. Just don’t expect me to stay up sleepless days wondering where you are.

Trust. Fuck it. I don’t trust any of the others. At least with you I know where I stand. Bitch.

Anonymous said...

Straight and to the point. No fake bullshit. I like it. This may even work out.

Tell Oscar whatever the hell you want, if anything. Doesn't matter. At this rate I'll have 'just be careful' carved permanently on my eardrums anyway.