Monday, January 19, 2009

A little on the side...

The coke is barley visible on my pale fingertips. I put my finger under my nose and take a whiff. Cocaine. Nothing more, nothing less. I rub some on my gums, tracing the roots of my fangs. It does nothing for me.

"Iz good, yes?" Yuri grins his cheshire smile. His good eye twinkling in the low lit bar.

"Its good." I say. I wouldn't really know.

"Vhy you not have Vodka? Iz good Vodka, from homeland."

"I don't drink Yuri. At least not that." I roll my eyes. "You know that. You ask me every fucking time I'm here. And I always tell you the same thing."

"I don't understand you fucking Americans. You don't drink, don't eat meat, only eat... what the fuck you call that govno... organic." He spits that last word with disdain. "But... you fucking junky. Vhy?"

"How do you know I'm a junky?"

"Look at you, skin like piss on snow! Alvays tvitshy. Only see me at night!" He leans closer and points one of his thick fingers towards the bar. Violetta is standing there, scratching her arms and scalp, occasionally stomping her feet at imaginary vermin. "And look at girlfriend. Tripping off tits! Of course you fucking junky!"

"Heh, maybe you're right." Indifference in my voice, followed by an uncomfortable silence.

Yuri leans backwards and calls over one of his girls. "Natasha! Vodka!" She rushes over, stilettos tapping frantically on the concrete floor. I see her flinch as Yuri slaps her ass. He laughs. "S'ebis!"

"So Yuri... we have a deal or not? You supply me with Heroin. And, If you like, I could supply you with some of the meth I'm planning to make."

He pauses for a moment. "I have to see. Talk vith suppliers and comrades. I let you know. How you planning to move the... product?"

"I've got plans. Don't worry about that." I grin.

"Very vell. I talk to others and tell you vhat vill happen. But enough business now. Time for drink." He bares his psychopathic teeth in a rough approximation of a smile. An index finger swings over his shoulder towards Natasha. "You vant to fuck her?"

"Hmm, maybe I will... and then I'll get myself a drink."

"Hahaha, good boy!"

No comments: