Monday, November 24, 2008

My darling...

"Lately it has been getting more and more difficult to distinguish friend from foe", I say as I light a cigarette. "Those motherfuckers have infiltrated us deeper than we expected! I came close to final death when that tower went up... too close!"

Violetta stares at me, fear radiating from her eyes. I lean forward. "I'm not going to let them get you, my darling, I'll keep you safe." I whisper to her, trying to sound reassuring.

Truth be told, I don't know if I can keep her safe. I think I'm in way over my head. Not only am I trying to save my dear prince's rightful throne, but now I also have a neonate to take care of! Our fates are bound, sire and childe, just like Eddie and I. No fucking around here, if one of us screws up, we all die. Fuck, this is all going down the shitter faster than I expected.

I used to think I knew who were my enemies and who were my friends. The Sabbat are bad, the Camarilla are good. Simple as that. Was I wrong! Those Ventrue scare me more than anyone!

"There are only those who want to kill us now, and those who want to kill us later. If you remember anything my darling, remember this... Trust no one!" She still looks spooked. My rambling isn't calming her down. "We have to stick together, you and I. We are bound." I suck deeply at the filter. Smoking has no effect on me anymore unfortunately, but hey, old habits die hard. "I'll take care of you little one, don't worry."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A little pet of your own. Wonderful. Doubling up on the crazy! :P