Thursday, September 2, 2010

Report

Augustin,

Operations are going well. There is much to report.

My pack is bonded – a surprising but fortunate coincidence. They will be useful to us in the coming nights. Two of them don’t know much about our ways (you know how well that suits me). The third is very shrewd. For now, they will follow me and I will look after them.

The kine are easy to bend to our will. Our base will be operational soon. I have obtained property and a likely human leader and I foresee that we will begin to profit soon. I will put the fear of your devil in them.

As you predicted, the Kindred leadership is a shambles. Frederico is weak and ineffective, and his sympathies run counter to ours. A show of force may be warranted, but I will leave it to your esteemed judgement to make a decision on this. I need more time to grow my reputation, though some of it has gone before me. I have seen many of us here, and have had an audience with the Godmother – a true honour.

On a personal note, I am saddened by the disregard I have seen for the beliefs of my ancestors. I must find a way to preserve the old ways. I know that you do not approve, but you understand that this is the only concession that I ask. I am devoted to you and to our cause; I just call my gods by a different name.

Your loving childe,
Ysabel

No comments: