Monday, September 20, 2010

In Perspective

Ysabel,
About the other night. I’m sure I don’t need to tell you that things got a little... unusual. Certain things were said and I think a little context is needed. So here are the facts.
Since our first Vaulderie my blood connection to you has been particularly strong. As in, ton-o-bricks strong. To the point where if you say, “jump”, I’ll say, “off what?” Now, I’m sure you can appreciate a life of not answering to anyone and how something like this can fuck with a vampire’s head. So, having said that, there are two things you need to know about this situation.
First off. I got your back, no matter what. If you jump in the fire, I’ll be right behind you. Nobody’s gonna fuck with you and our troupe on my watch. You need something done, somebody put down, whatever it is, I’m your vampire.
But.
If you dick me on this, abuse this shit, so help me fucking god, there will be hell to pay. Because I will find a way to break this thing. I will come after you. And I will kick your gorgeous ass.

1 comment:

Ysabel said...

Well, shit. That was unexpected.

The blood is a potent force and I cannot deny that I feel considerable respect and kinship for you – perhaps something else, too, but I find this sort of thing too difficult to name.

You must know that my foremost duty is to you and the pack, as your nominated leader, and to the Sabbat (and the Hand, of course) as a soldier of the cause. Personal entanglements, whatever they may be, will not supplant this. I do not know how you intend to act upon this feeling of yours, if at all, but I cannot offer you my complete commitment. I have no objection to carnal activities, if that is what you want.

I will say again that you remind me of my Sire. You both carry an inherent and antithetical sense of commitment coupled with a free spirits, loathe to be tied down. Augustin travels far and often, and despite my entreaties he is always quick to leave again. I don’t know why I am confessing this, except perhaps to explain that if I feel distant to you, it is merely because I have no desire to face abandonment on two fronts.

Nevertheless, be assured that I am and will remain a devoted pack mate and friend. I have no cause or desire to abuse your- condition. If you wish to explore your feelings further, so be it, but you may not allow any fleeting attachment to turn your attentions away from your invaluable pack duties. I need to be able to count on my Priest.

Have no doubt that any unnecessary foolhardiness on your part will be strictly censured, especially if it puts the Pack in danger.