Friday, September 17, 2010

Letter

Augustin,

It has been difficult adjusting to pack life again after so long alone. The  Blood is such a potent force and we have been careless with it. I will take care to be more cautious from now on, especially for the sake of the younger ones who seem not to have experienced the bond of a pack before. I will try to offer them guidance, like you so expertly did in the past, and I pity that they never experienced the joys of a devoted sire. I must admit that solitude has come to suit me, and the new voices around the haven are sometimes alarming. Not to mention new and uncertain attachments.

It has also been difficult to be under the command of a Bishop again - especially a loyalist like Frederico. But I will rein in my displeasure (the pack Priest has already told me off about it, though I am not sure that he or the others are fully aware of the politics of our kind). Have no doubt that I remain loyal to you and the Hand in equal measure.

The Inquisitor who has recently appeared in the city isn't making things easier, but he hasn't bothered us unduly (yet). I am curious to see how he local Hand will deal with his appearance, since his presence is a clear insult to us. Perhaps I should visit Cesar and speak with him.

I have been in an uncharacteristically rageful mood recently and I am afraid that I will end up angering the wrong people. I will focus my violent attentions on the mortals who are disrupting our operations. Mexico City will soon see the rise of la Reina Sangrienta. I have also been encouraged by the Brujah's interest in the mortals - so many of our kind dismiss their usefulness too quickly. Maybe this will also give him the means do dispose of his unwieldy morals.

Maybe it is all this rich new Blood disagreeing with me. I was never as measured and precise as you are. In my infinite weakness, I miss you.

Ysabel

No comments: