Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Post Script

“Everything is packed and prepared.”

“Good. I’ve organized a list of instructions should things go poorly.”

“You don’t have to do this.”

“I’m tired of sitting and skulking away. It’s time.”

“Let me come with you. You don’t need to do this on your own.”

“I do. This is my mess. I don’t need to involve you.”

“But I am involved. You sent for my help, asked for my guidance. Why won’t you take it now?”

“This needs to be done. This needs to end. And I need finish this alone. I have sat back for far too long watching in quiet desperation hoping beyond all hope that things would change. They have not, they will not and now I must act.” 

“You say you’re doing this alone and yet you’re bringing them. Why?”

“They need to see this. I owe it to them.”

“You owe them nothing. They have shown you nothing but scorn and ill contempt. I have tried to see the value, the worth you speak of, and see nothing. Vapid, barren and loveless. That is all.”

“Regardless, I’ve made up my mind. I go and they are coming with me.”

“I still marvel at the change that has come over her. So… different.”

“It is a powerful influence.”

“I know. I can see it on you. You’re breaking all your rules for this. The rules you maintained as key to your survival.”

“Survival? I have been living a half-life for many nights now. One way or another. I am ending this.”

“You’ve changed my friend. I warned you of caring too much and now it could cost you everything.” 

“At this point, everything is a small price to pay.”

No comments: